Thursday, March 26, 2009

February Pictures


February was really cold, but we managed to get outside a few times... Alex is our cold blooded little Kazakh! He does not like to stay out long! Which is fine by us, really. Anthony, could really care less... he was stuck in that huge fluffy suit! He wasn't cold that's for sure!



This is Anthony's new smile for the camera! I think it is so hilarious! So forgive me if i put a bunch of these on here! They make me laugh!



This was a quick family picture outside!



Alex in his snow cave! There was so much snow piled up from the plow! so Jerry and Alex dug through it as Anthony watched form his stroller!


See how tall the snow was!



Another day, they made a snow man! I think it is the cutest snow man ever! Alex said he looked like the penguin on "Surf's up"... big Z i think...



Because that is what boys do... destroying the snowman!!!



A perfect smile from Anthony... the only way is to actually make him laugh or smile on his own... instead of saying "smile"


Attempting to get some cute pics of them together... which is nearly impossible these days...


Anthony walked for good on February 24!!! That was the day that he walked more than he crawled... he would get back up if he fell... But he had been taking steps since January 16. it was very exciting!!! he was so funny! so tense and had his little arms up in front of his chest... bent at a 90 degree angle most of the time... so cute!




A normal day of play...


We had to get our fingerprints taken for the 3rd time for our China adoption! Both boys came of course... They were very good in there... we had the same security guy as we have had every other time... all 4 of them...

The one below is for Carla Higgins... notice the double chin going on... haha!!



This is Lucy! 5 months old already and so big! we were watching this video about birds migrating and she was going berserk! she was chattering away and wanting to attack them! It was so funny!


We decided that we needed to get rid of some trees... there was one that died a couple years ago, one fell over when we got a bunch of rain, and the other one was perfectly fine, except it was shading the garden!! So Jerry brought the excavator out, Anthony loved it! Alex was riding in there with Jerry! Oh! and I have to tell you this... Jerry is the best excavator operator of all!!!!

This was the perfectly-good-tree... He dug out the side and then pushed it over in the opposite direction... it didn't even break the concrete edging around it...

Then they put the chain around it and lifted it away!


Anthony watched it all from the comfort of his stroller... in the rain! Just before jerry took the excavator away, Anthony got his first ride! He LOVED it!!!! he was sooooo excited! as you can tell.

Just Beautiful Alex... I love those eyes and those cute ears!


This was goofing around with one of those ace-bandages...
After each of the boys had a chance, they decided to do Jerry!!! They thought it was soooo funny that he couldn't see where he was going... he of course played it up by running into things.

Funny boy!!!!


I just thought he looked beautiful, and serious!

7 comments:

Musings from Kim K. said...

Christel - You have some handsome little men. Boy, it just makes me want to add to our clan with a few males. I'm feeling very misty today. It's our 1 year anniversary of returning home from China. It goes by so quickly...sigh.

Angela said...

Great pictures! Glad to see all of you are doing well. Izaak would go bezerk with the tractor. We take him to construction sites just for fun. And congrats on Anthony walking! How exciting.

Angela

Rhonda said...

Okay your boys are living dolls and if I saw Anthony in person, I might just have to have a nibble of his cheeks! LOVE the snow cave! Awwww, I wish we had that much snow here. We just get cold, rainy, lame snowfalls where the whole state comes to a stand-still because they saw 2 flakes in the sky...schools shut down, the groceries are bomb-barded with all the "chicken-littles" and it's hilarious. I'm FROM here (Brentwood, TN) and I think they're all crazy. Me? I long for blizzards. But short ones...then SPRING baby! Well, your fam is precious! Have a blessed Easter week! Thanks for stopping by my blog. ~Rhonda

Kim said...

Christel
I'm so glad you stopped by our blog. We are doing well. 6 months of life with Sammy as of today. I can't believe it has gone by so fast and Caitlin is such an amazing sister. Your boys are as cute as can be. You were more adventurous than I this winter. We got out to go sledding acouple times but the freezing cold is not my cup of tea. I would love to get together anytime.
Kim

The Gobble's (Lanetta) said...

oh my gosh.. what great pics!!!! I LOVED every one of them!!! Great to get caught up on the Cook's...
They boys are so precious!!!

and... just so you know.. I did not even notice a double chin.. until you pointed it out... You look great girl.. like a VERY happy Mama!!! :-)

Sherri said...

Christel,

Lots of great pictures there. The boys are growing up so fast. Where does the time go? I ask myself that all the time.
Happy Easter to you and your beautiful family.
Sherri

Jennifer Cheer said...

Wow! Your boys are absolutely gorgeous! I look forward to following your China journey to Kimmi. I love all the new pics. Alex is getting so big!